The Control Zero series of flight controllers is our commitment to continuous improvement. Our goal with this series was to take every lesson learned from our 10+ years of flight controller design and make the best pro-consumer / commercial flight controller on the market. Our journey begins with this Zero; this is a no-compromises triple IMU commercial-grade flight controller.
The latest generation D model includes the following enhancements to the previous versions:
- Removed level shifting due to MFG decision to discontinue it on short notice, no replacements available. Replaced with robust ESD and current limiting protection.
- Added additional voltage rail diagnostic LEDs.
- Moved SDCARD to expose the Microcontroller for adding heat-dissipating thermal solutions for higher temperature environments.
- Simplified overall electrical design with additional test points for factory quality control checks.
- The external interface remains unchanged for drop-in replacement with earlier models.
Main Processor: STM32H743 contains the Arm® Cortex®-M7 core (with double-precision floating-point unit). 480 MHz fCPU /2424 CoreMark /1027 DMIPS executing from Flash memory, with 0-wait states thanks to its L1 cache.
RAM: 1024 KB RAM
Flash: 2 MB FRAM
Accelerometers / Gyros / Mags: 3 / 3 / 1
Invensense/TDK ICM-20948 (9DOF)
Sensors - Dampened: Bosch BMI088 (6DOF) (internally vibration dampened)
Internal Magnetometer: AK09916 inside ICM-20948
Barometric Pressure Sensor: Infineon DPS310 barometer (Very smooth and NO light sensitivity)
Interfaces and Protocols:
5x UART (serial ports) [2x with HW flow control,1x FRSky Telemetry (D or X types), 1x Console & 1x GPS+I2C].
1x PPM sum input signal
8x PWM outputs (all DShot capable)
1x RSSI (PWM or voltage) input
1x JTAG (TC2030 Connector)
3x Ultra-low noise LDO voltage regulator
1x micro SD card slot
Supported RC Input Protocols:
Front - Samtec FTM-118-02-L-DV
Rear: Samtec FTM-120-02-L-DV
Crypto / Hash Processor: No. Please contact us if needed.
Pin Headers: Yes
Conformal Coating: Optional
Custom Carrier Board Support: Yes
LED: Yes (Tricolor)
Weight: 4.14 g (.15 oz)
Mounting Holes: N/A
Protector Case: optional
Software Compatibility: ArduPilot and PX4
What's Included: Board & Tweezers
For a detailed description of the setup and pinouts please go to our new docs site.